SEAWORLD’S CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION: With special festive-themed animal shows, real snow, reindeers, festive décor and more, SeaWorld is the place to be this Christmas season. Mrs. Claus will join the festivities this year, greeting children at Santa’s Cottage, located at a magical Christmas wonderland on the lawn near Seaport Marketplace. SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration takes place Nov. 17–18; Nov. 23–25; Dec. 1–2; Dec. 8–9; Dec. 15-16; Dec. 22 through Jan. 5. All holiday festivities are included with park admission.
- ‘Shamu’s Christmas’: Shamu and friends celebrate the season with classic Christmas songs and carols featuring a vocal soloist, a hand-signing choir, community carolers, a saxophonist and, of course, Shamu! This holiday favorite is one you do not want to miss! “Shamu’s Christmas” will show on Nov. 17–18; Nov. 23–25; Dec. 1–2; Dec. 8–9; Dec. 15-16; and daily from Dec. 22-Jan. 5.
- Festive-Themed Animal Shows: What happens when Lester is left home alone for Christmas? Trouble, that’s what! Pets Rule! stadium is transformed into a holiday playground for our superstar performers for SeaWorld’s “Christmas Tails” show. The popular cat parlour outside the stadium will also be making its return for guests to observe our feline celebrities up-close. In the all-new “Clyde & Seamore Save Christmas,” O.P. Otter discovers that he is on Santa’s naughty list this year, so he makes away with the list to do some edits. Clyde and Seamore, along with their Elf trainers, hunt for the list, in time for Santa to deliver his gifts!
- SnowWorld: A winter wonderland of snowmen, snowballs and family fun awaits at SeaWorld’s Arctic Plaza! The expanded play area will feature more than 6,500 square feet of fresh snow each day and impromptu visits with SeaWorld’s arctic foxes, adding to the wintery atmosphere. The very popular sled runs will be back again this year, with three hills for sledding, plus the debut of a new snowball target area. SnowWorld will be open Nov. 15–Jan. 5.
- Santa’s Cottage at SeaWorld San Diego is home away from home for Santa, Mrs. Claus and their delightful elves this holiday season! Joining them are new and original pathway characters – Peppermint Princess, accompanied by the Toy Soldier, and Clara the Ballerina and the Nutcracker from “The Nutcracker.” Two of Santa’s reindeers-in-training, including Jingles, the seven-month old reindeer calf named by SeaWorld San Diego’s Facebook fans, will be in the expanded reindeer corral right by his cottage. Kettle corn and cookie s’mores are just two of the many delicious treats available to enjoy. Santa will be available for meet-and-greets and pictures in his cottage on Nov. 17–18, Nov. 23–25, Dec. 1–2, Dec. 8–9, Dec. 15-16, and daily from Dec. 22-31.
- Breakfast with Shamu and Santa offers diners a chance to enjoy a breakfast buffet at poolside tables just a few feet away from SeaWorld’s family of killer whales. Santa makes an appearance during the event, posing for festive holiday photos. The buffet includes scrambled eggs, bacon, French toast, machaca, fresh fruit, juice, coffee and more. Cost is $26 for ages 10 and older; $16 for ages 3–9 (plus tax, gratuity and park admission). Dates are Nov. 23–25, Dec. 1–2, Dec. 8–9, Dec. 15-16 and Dec. 22–24. For reservations, visit www.seaworldsandiego.com or call (800) 25-SHAMU.
- Tree of Lights with a Twist: SeaWorld will continue a favorite holiday tradition with the nightly lighting of the park’s 320-foot Skytower. For the fifth year in a row, SeaWorld and KyXy 96.5 FM are teaming up to produce this special musical and visual attraction for the holiday season with the SeaWorld Christmas Tree of Lights Presented by KyXy. Each night at 6 p.m. starting Nov. 23, the Skytower lights will dance, flash, swirl and glow to holiday music broadcast to all of San Diego on KyXy 96.5 FM. The SeaWorld Christmas Tree of Lights Presented by KyXy will be displayed each night through Christmas Day.
- ‘The Polar Express 4-D Experience’: This magical 4-D experience at SeaWorld takes viewers on a journey to the North Pole where dreams become real and all senses come alive. When a doubting young boy takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole, he embarks on an epic journey of self-discovery that shows him that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe. “The Polar Express 4-D Experience” is based on the film from Warner Bros. Pictures and Shangri-La Entertainment, inspired by the beloved Caldecott Medal children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg. During 12-minute presentations of “The Polar Express 4-D Experience” at SeaWorld’s Mission Bay Theater, guests will feel like they’re aboard the Polar Express themselves, with amazing multi-sensory effects including snow, gusts of wind and the smell of hot chocolate! “The Polar Express 4-D Experience” will run Nov. 17–Jan. 5.
Check out all the fun!