New book helps teenagers transform their lives
Junior high and high school is tough few years for just about everyone. It can be difficult going to school, trying to fit in, and trying to make sense of all the changes in life. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was a roadmap that helped teens through the “growing up” years so that they don’t turn out to be all pain and no gain?
In the new book Your Superpowers: Dream It, Achieve It, author and life coach Steve Gardner makes the case that teenagers have superpowers that are just waiting to be released.
The basic premise of his book is that each and every teenage boy or girl has latent superpowers including the power to be creative and to attract the things they want and need in their lives.
“The human brain is even more incredible than the world’s most impressive supercomputer,” he says. “Teenagers need to learn they can create whatever kind of reality they want.”
Here are just some of the incredible insights this useful book contains:
- Brains surpass computers – Human brains imagined the idea for computers in the first
place, and they continue to this day to use their creativity to make computers smaller, faster, cheaper, and better. The real gift: the ability to create things in your mind and work on them until you have created them physically.
- You are not only the world’s most powerful computer, you are also the world’s most powerful and magical magnet! When you become interested in something, anything at all, then the energy inside of you starts to change. Stop and think about that. Everything you are experiencing is something you helped attract to yourself.
- You monitor your “inside world” so that you can influence your “outside world.” Y
you must be aware of your thoughts and feelings. Once you know what you want and don’t want, then you can start changing your energy so you attract the best in life back to you. You can use your superpower to attract good and fun things back to you, instead of the boring, mean, or frustrating things.
- Once you discover what is in side you, do what is in your heart. Whatever the
- Grow with the Flow. You are doing something new. Once you get the hang of things and it is easy to use your superpowers, you’ll look back and think how silly it was that at one time you didn’t manage or control your energy. For the rest of your life, you will probably look around at all the people not using their superpowers and wonder what they are afraid of. You will discover that either they don’t know they have superpowers or they just don’t want to dust them off and use them.
Gardner says that a teenager’s superpowers do not end with his or her mind. Each person is connected to a greater force. With our energy, we can all tap into this force, if we learn how to do that.
Dream It, Achieve it
Illustrated by Josh Keele
Paperback: 106 pages
ISBN-10: 0983933200 ISBN-13: 978-0983933205
Your Superpowers is available wherever books are sold. For more information visit www.discoveringlifenow.com
About the Author
Steve Gardner has worked with teenagers and pre-teens as a high school teacher, a counselor, basketball coach, and much more. He lives in Rexburg, Idaho.
What People Are Saying
“Your Superpowers is truly transformational– alive with possibility, passion, and inspiration! There is something special in your child just waiting to come out! Your Superpowers will help you ignite that magic!”
– Brian Biro, Husband, Father, Speaker, Author of Beyond Success
“I love this book! Get it for your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, or any pre-teen or teen you care about… it will strengthen your family, your community, and the planet.”
– Joe Vitale master of The Secret and author of The Attractor Factor
“This book is a great primer to teach your children how to use the natural powers they have to create the life they want.”
– Jack Canfield, master of The Secret and co-author of Chicken Soup for the Soul series and Success Principles